Monday, July 12, 2010

normality!?

WOW! It is so hard to believe we are into summer already! The grass is green and in need of being mowed, the flowers weeds are blooming in my yard and we just dropped Sam off for cadet training yesterday morning -- 3am -- for 3 weeks in Penhold, Alberta. I miss him already!

Dennis and I were talking last night -- discussing our kids and I had noticed but not really how much of Sam's wit and humour had returned. (sometimes it takes someone to point something out so you can see it) There is no longer an awkward pause or a crooked (and somewhat sad) smile on his face anymore when a joke or sarcasm  is used. He usually gets it fairly quick and is just a fast in his smart assed retort. I know that for some people that is not what they would necessarily look for in thier kids but that is who Sam was and is coming back to. I can honestly say too that I miss it-- the humour and wit not the smart assed-ness☺. But things are starting to come together for him. The doctors did say that it could be 2 yrs or more before there is a semblance of normal.... and guess what... we are closing in on that 2 year mark. Sam will be in Penhold for that date but its all good.  Life is getting to normal -- or as close to normal as we can with all the teens and hormones in the house!

We finally got a response from the ENT in Winnipeg (for Sam's sleeping issues and nasal passages) and it is set for Sept 8, then I got a letter from the stomach doctor for me and I am having another stomach scope (I forget what it is called at the moment) on Sept 15-- in Winnipeg. So there will be a lot of time spent in Wpg in Sept it seems... ugh. Still no news on the neurosurgery for the plate for Sam... maybe soon.

This past week (10days actually) my aunt and 2 of her kids are out visiting from Newfoundland. Zach is in the reserves and was in cadets (and seems to know A LOT about military stuff), he and Sam seem to get along fairly well.  I am sure as with every other parent in the world, you wonder what your kids will be like and what they will do when they are grown and have left home. Which makes me wonder if after talking to Zach this week Sam is interested in the reserves or military-- hmmmmm, guess Iwill have to wait...just like everyone else☺

No comments: