Monday, February 9, 2009

changes...



"change is good donkey!" that is my motto! I love change... apparently even if it is for the worse.
well change has occurred once again... i no sooner got my title and first line typed and for lack of a better term "all hell broke loose". I was going to tell of how Sam's attitude and sleeping patterns have changed and how much this past week was so much better than anything we have had in the last month or more... and BAM! He out and lays into Isaac and punches him for asking something about the wii... sigh. so off goes the wii, Sam to his room and my sanity slowly slipping away!

Today is a snow day(they ALWAYS happen on my days off-- i should change my work schedule to Mon-Wed!) so the kids are all home and my husband decided to drive into work today leaving me with the Samuel fallout... again. Mind you if Dennis had have been home it probably wouldnt have happened as Sam tends to leave his tantrums for me and only me.

But as I was going to share before this all happened (back to my previously scheduled posting!)
We moved Samuel up to the main floor last week and he is seeming to sleep better, which is helping his moods (for the most part) and his attitude. We tried a few new things last week so we are unsure as to of what is really the "cure all" or maybe it is all 3 things combined! We moved him upstairs, we are elevating his bed a bit more and we are tying his feet together. I know that last one sounds a bit odd and i am nervous about putting it on here but i have talked to our dr. about it and it seems to be helping with a few areas with Sam's restless sleeping. First let me say that he is able to get out of this! We arent tying him to a bed or using major scary knots. we use his housecoat belt and tie a loose bow around his ankles. this is supposed to help him from contorting into his unusal positions when he sleeps (and it works he says) and it will help him to get a better sleep... we tried it and it works so we will continue to use it until we can find out why his sleep patterns are so goofy!
He is also working out 3 times a week with the bowflex! He drinks his powdered protein chocolate drink then goes and does a simple basic all over body workout for 20-30 minutes downstairs! He had lost some weight last week but this week he is back up and more! 1.3pounds!!!!!! So we will continue with this too! He needs to get some more meat on his bones! He is so frail it scares me to think of him on a football field!

Well changes are happening on my blog too! I am trying hard to make it more "me/us", there will be possibly a new title coming soon and hopefully with more information if anyone is interested in learning more about Brain Injuries. I actually happened into a chat room the other day with TBI survivors and family members! it is nice to know that i can go talk to people who actually understand the brain issues! I am trying to post sites that are informative but also easy to read nad understand. I get a bit "frazzled' when i am reading and trying to take in all that some of the sites are talking about. So if i have posted something a site that is hard to understand or navigate please let me know so i can check it out!

No comments: