Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Can I get a WHOOP! WHOOP!?

I had a bit of a shock last week as I was looking thru my Brain Injury Advocate email acct and found a about a dozen or more emails from people who emailed me back in June about wanting bracelets! My heart stopped and I felt a bit sick ... people had emailed me and I had not seen them!! Luckily, I still had bracelets left (not many), so I prayed... and prayed... then I started addressing envelopes, signing letters and filling out some window cards for their envelopes. Then I started playing with the number of bracelets in accordance to the requests... then I started replying to emails and moving them to my "inbox". I was able to get out bracelets to every one of those emails. Sadly not all were the numbers they were requesting but I did get them out! Now after lunch I will put them in the mail and they will be off to their new homes!
So let me state this for the record...
ALL 1500 TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY AWARENESS BRACELETS ARE OUT IN THE WORLD!!! (can I get a whoop! whoop!?)  I am so thrilled to have been able to not only send bracelets to a new country this year (Thank you Russia!)
I have had many beautiful emails sent to me of survivor stories and caregiver stories. I will try to sit this winter and reply to as many as I can on a more personal level. My heart would soar when I would see a number beside my email inbox and see that someone was sharing their corner of their experience with brain injury with me. Some stories brought me to tears and some made me smile but ALL warmed my heart! THANK YOU to everyone who emailed and asked for bracelets, picked them up in the public venues in our town, donated time, money or other things for me to be able to do what I have done for the third year in a row! I am truely blessed to have such wonderful people in my life personal and via the internet! I wish I could hug you all for helping me in spreading this awareness -- because lets face it without you guys sharing, emailing and talking about it... it never would have happened so give yourselves a big pat on the back!!! WAY TO GO!!! 
I am excited to see what next year will bring and I am already working on the campaign, my letter and what I will be using to help spread awareness!! So please stay tuned!!


OH NO!! Emails from June just found on my acct!!
 ACK I HAVE to get bracelets to these people!
envelopes, envelopes and more envelopes all filled with BI Awareness bracelets!
Getting things ready to go to town to the post office!!


My bracelet and awareness basket it now empty... how will I spend my time!? 



No comments: