Sunday, February 2, 2014

and so it begins ...

so Sam has now officially finished high school ... yay... umm  I mean YAY!!! I am so proud of him and glad he has finally finished and is able to start working on living his life.... on one hand... and yet on the other I am scared, nervous and sick about him starting this life.
He has a job now and drives 30 miles to it. he wears a uniform and is in the produce section of a local grocery, which is all fine and dandy. BUT did he remember to put on his papers about his BI, his chance of seizures, his issues with sometimes forgetting simple things or his sundowing if he is tired and is starting a shift on a later part of the day, what about when he has a braininjury moment....

i could go on and on over my concerns and worries. I try very hard to remember Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (NIV) but sometimes it creeps in. 
He HAS had jobs before and he has done amazing with them, but they have all been for family or friends who understand where he is coming from. 

I also worry about his future with regards to his future bride... I know I am jumping the gun here HUGELY... but I am his mama and I want her to understnad what this wonderful man has had to overcome and continue to overcome to get along day to day.... 

I worry about him driving when he is tired, about him when he is out in crowds and they get to be too much for him...

i guess it all comes down to it is time for me to start cutting these apron strings... he is growing up and will be soon moving out (hopefully not too far away) and I will miss him.... 

i worry, I am a mom, so I am pretty sure that it is written in my job description somewhere.... if its not I may have deifinitely it penciled in .... 

how do i start to let him go? I lean on Dennis ... a lot ... i mean A LOT. i sit and try hard to not cry when I think about it and i pray... and pray and pray...
for Sam
his future
his job
his future relationships and one day wife


for me to be able to handle this new stage gracefully without holding him too tight or causing him to run from us....

if you have any advice I am all ears...

No comments: