Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Triggers...

Trying to figure out these seizures are going to be the end of me! Learning (or figuring out rather) what Sam's triggers are .... sigh ... lets just say that just when we think we are getting a grip on the and possibly seeing some order...
we don't.

Yesterday Sam was tired-- so tired that he was 'napping' at 9.15am. He slept for a about an hour then went out to help Dennis with some field work at 10-ish til about 2, then came in and was very quiet and withdrawn, watched a movie in our room, ate a bit of dinner and came down before bed t inform me that his back and shoulder on the right was jumping like crazy.
His quietness and subdued manner is different from when his anxiety kicks in (obviously) and with the nerves jumping and his tiredness -- well we thot there might be a seizure this morning. Not that I want him to have one, I just wish we could learn the triggers and possible pre-cursors to them. These surpirse sneak attacks that they do are too much!
This week I am trying to get some snacks and lunch things ready for school next week, lunch stuff ready for our 2 road trips on Thursday (to Wpg) and Friday to Regina, school supplies organized, canning done, laundry, housework and football -- throw into this mix the new puppy had fleas and gave them to my dixi, so that meant 2 doses of 'flea bgone' and one bath AND an appointment at the dog groomers so that they can stay at my mom's this weekend while we are at the wedding...
I am also trying to not make the house stressful (as that could be one of his triggers). I am beat!  I am supposed to work on the attic room for my space this week but I don't see it happening.

I spoke with the resource teacher at Sam's school yesterday too and we are trying to make some plans for his school year but until we see the neurologist we can't do a whole lot -- which will mean a rush on it all next week. I am ok with not pushing it but Sam is determined to get back to normal. I hope we can make it back to there too.
I miss our 'old normal' ...
the one we were at 6months ago...
Never thot I would hear myself say that...

No comments: